Spice It Up -Indian Shrimp Curry!
Indian Shrimp Curry: Makes 4 servings
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 ¼ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup leeks, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 ounce) can no sugar added tomato sauce
3/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
cilantro and chili peppers for garnish
1. Add 2 teaspoon of the canola oil on high heat in a large skillet.
2. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute on each side then remove the shrimp from the pan.
3. Add the remaining teaspoon of the coconut oil to the skillet with the onions.
4. Cook the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in the ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, chili powder and garlic.
6. Stir well, letting cook for 30 seconds then add in the tomato sauce and combine.
7. Add in the coconut sauce and shrimp to the pan and stir well.
8. Garnish with cilantro and chili peppers if desired.
Since the curry includes all of your spices & flavor you needed you may add ½ cup of plain grated cauliflower rice to each serving to complete this healthy meal.
½ L/2G/3C/1 ½ F
Did you know studies show: Most people are not getting enough omega-3 fats from their diet? Studies show, avoiding a deficiency in these essential fatty acids may help prevent many issues including diseases. A low intake of omega-3 is associated with a lower IQ, depression, various mental disorders, heart disease and many other serious diseases. So remember there is such a thing as healthy fat with are critical for the proper functioning of the human body.
Remember it's not about depriving yourself of delicious food, it's about being mindful of your choices, portion sizes, and coming up with healthier alternatives that are just as good, if not better. Thus, our mission is to not only guide you to improving your physical health but also create a healthy mindset.
Don't miss out on our healthy recipes: http://www.beyondimpossible.com/subscribe enter your e-mail address, so that we can send you health tips, recipes, updates, events and tons of value straight to your inbox!